30 Jan 2015

My Month on Instagram ǁ January 2015

I post photos on Instagram on a regular basis showing my coffee and tea drinking habit. Plus some running pictures are inevitably going to be passing by. Once a month I bundle these and talk about the photos on my blog.

In January I:

» Posted this little macchiato tulip...really no more info necessary I think...


» This month also meant the Dutch Barista Championships. Together with Sonja Bjork Grant we calibrated in the lovely Coffeecompany roastery in Amsterdam. Thanks to them for allowing us to bother them all day.


» The Dutch Barista Championships were held at the Horecava in Amsterdam. The fair for the service industry. The runs were amazing; professional and creative. If you want to see more photos, check out the Facebook album.




» And the winner was Lex Wenneker of Headfirst Coffee Roasters in Amsterdam. Read my report on the Dutch Championships here. Want to get to know Lex a little better? I interviewed him after the pre rounds. 


» The rest of the Horecava days meant Latte Art Championship pre rounds. The second day of pre rounds I was a judge with Kim, the new Education person for the SCAE. It was raining... And Onno from Stooker.
I interviewed the six finalists of the Dutch Latte Art Championships. Read the interviews of Rob, Belle, Joep, Lennart, Nick and Maryse. They will compete for a place at the World Championships during the Amsterdam Coffee Festival in May. Will they see you there?



» Again, more coffee photos at home. This month I bought my espresso coffee at CoffeeBru. A lovely Ethiopian Sidamo.


» At work I cup every day. Although we are a specialty coffee sourcing company, sometimes we get sent Robusta coffee. This Robusta Java coffee was kind of amazing. Not only in looks, but also in body and mouthfeel.


» And finaly the low lands experienced some snow! Lovely winter weather calls for lovely black and white latte art photos in the garden.


» Alas snow also means no trains, at least it does in the Netherlands. And so the coffee crawl to Rotterdam was delayed. In stead I went to two locations in Amsterdam I had not been before; Lebkov and the Koffie Academie. Yeah, a small coffee crawl! Want to read about the coffee crawls? Check them out here.



See you next month!

Want to see my other pictures? Check out my Instagram at instagram.com/ceriannebury.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...