2 Apr 2015

My Month on Instagram ǁ March 2015

I post photos on Instagram on a regular basis showing my coffee and tea drinking habit. Plus some running pictures are inevitably going to be passing by. Once a month I bundle these and talk about the photos on my blog.

In March I:

» Ran longer distances on Sunday, preparing for the half marathon in Berlin at the end of the month. I love running past the Amsterdam zoo Artis. You can see giraffes and hear the gibbons and wolves howling. 

» A pilot friend went to Barcelona and got a bag of amazing coffee from Nomad Coffee Productions. Loved it. It is such an amazing coffee company. You should totally check them out if you find yourself in the Spanish city.


» I also posted two aeropress photos to compete in a #justbrewit challenge to win a porlex, set up by the Coffeecompany. Alas, I did not win. Just sucks. But it did give me two beautiful aeropress pics. One made in the office with a view of the north of Amsterdam. And one with my orange kitty cat and her love for this versatile brew method.



» This month also meant a new Dutch Aeropress Champion. Here a pic of the winner Floris van der Burg, barista for White Label in Amsterdam. You can read about this extremely well covered event almost everywhere. On my part alone you can read to posts, one on this blog and one on Sprudge (yeah, I wrote for Sprudge). Want to see more photos? Check the facebook album here.


» So the window of my cupping room at the office is the best place for photos. Here I made a sharp reversed tulip in my latte using coffee by Coffee Mania in Russia with some trains in the background. If I ever get to visit Moscow I really want to visit this chain. They serve specialty coffee, while also having tasty high end food and other drinks. Awesome.
This bag was brought back by a colleague who went there for a work trip. So jealous.


» Pussy Galore, the cafe of the Stadsbranderij Noord in Amsterdam was the place for a Brazilian  Cerrado region coffee cupping this month. Guiltily I have to admit it was the first time I visited the cafe, it was just as I expected it. Rough and cosy. Oh, and the Brazils were all really good cups, clean and fruity.


» And the official opening of new roaster Stooker took place! The place is one of the most beautiful spaces I have seen in a long time. Plus in the east of Amsterdam, where I live. So it is too bad that it is not a cafe...just a roastery and training facility. However the space will be open on Saturdays for public cuppings and tastings, and of course you can buy some bags to last yourself at home until the next Saturday rolls by again.



» And then I was off to Berlin, to run a half marathon. At the expo I ran into these. Why? Really, why?


» I did have one day to stroll through Berlin and visit some coffee hot spots. Unfortunately I did not have enough time to visit everything. Especially West Berlin is a place I really wanted to visit. Anywho, you can read about the places I did visit here. The pic is taken in the Barn the roastery and was a gorgeously scrumptious Burundi filter.


» Lastly, thank god I made it. 21K. It felt like it took forever. I reality it took me 2 hours and 25 minutes. And the medal was totally worth it. Not only are the coffee bars stylish, so are their running medals. Go Berlin!


See you next month!


Want to see my other pictures? Check out my Instagram at instagram.com/ceriannebury.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...