5 May 2015

My Month on Instagram ǁ April 2015

I post photos on Instagram on a regular basis showing my coffee and tea drinking habit. Plus some running pictures are inevitably going to be passing by. Once a month I bundle these and talk about the photos on my blog.

In April I:

» Celebrated Easter, painted eggs, drank Colombian coffee roasted by Bonanza. Great breakfast, great day.



» And of course I worked, a lot. I made a little 15 sec video of coffee beans reaching the first crack, something I hear a lot of for five days a week. Hear them pop!



»  During those working hours I also ran into the most amazing unwashed coffee from Gesha Village. Got to love a local Ethiopian office. For those who do not know, many argue that the most expensive and sought after coffee today, the Geisha (or Gesha, whatever floats your boat), originates from the Gesha region in Ethiopia. Flavour notes? Green sencha tea and peach!


» Coffee did not only keep me busy at work, but also at home, creating a new brew tutorial for the vac pot, aka vacuum pot, aka syphon, aka Cona, aka great after dinner spectacle, aka clear and crisp coffee. You can also check out the video on the CoffeeStrides Youtube channel. Loving the ape in the background.



» Plus, presents! I got a cupping spoon cover?pouch?sleeve? and I have used it a lot already. Courtesy of Kim Staalman, you are a woman of many talents. 


» And then I ran into this and debated the meaning of black roast. I just have this to say; #notacuppingnote #roastitdonttoastit and #okaybye...


» At home I had some amazing Coffee Collective brew, positioned under a wasabi plant. Who knew they looked like this? 


» On April 27th I celebrated King's Day with cat...


and coffee. On King's Day the streets are filled with orange clothed people, music, flea markets, foodtrucks and thank god coffeetrucks. The best one? The Espressobus, part of Headfirst Coffeeroasters, the shop co-founded by Dutch Barista Champion Lex Wenneker.


» I closed the month off with the London Coffee Festival. A lot of work, a little sightseeing. Our hotel was located on Adler Street, named after Aeropress inventor Alan Adler (don't we all wish it were so?) and so I couldn't leave without taking this picture.


See you next month!

Want to see my other pictures? Check out my Instagram at instagram.com/ceriannebury.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...